Miami Drug Possession Attorneys
Let Our Lawyers Protect Your Rights & Future
Not only could a conviction for drug possession in Florida lead to a lengthy jail or prison sentence and expensive fines, but it could also lead to a permanent mark on your criminal record, making it extremely difficult to obtain/keep a job, find a place to live, apply for college, and take advantage of other opportunities life has to offer. To help you avoid serving time behind bars or even get your entire case dismissed, you need a knowledgeable and skilled lawyer on your side.
At Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A., we are dedicated to fighting for the best possible outcome in your case. With more than 47 years of legal experience, our attorneys can investigate your case, collect supporting evidence, and create an effective and personalized defense strategy on your behalf.
Florida Drug Possession Penalties
Drug possession in Florida can result in misdemeanor or felony charges, depending on the circumstances of the case. Drugs are generally referred to as “controlled substances,” consisting of illegal narcotics and pharmaceutical medications.
The following are several penalties for drug possession in Florida:
- Possession of cocaine: Possessing less than 28 grams of cocaine is a third-degree felony, punishable by a maximum five-year prison sentence and up to $5,000 in fines.
- Possession of heroin: Possessing less than four grams of heroin is a third-degree felony.
- Possession of methamphetamine: Possessing less than 14 grams of meth is a third-degree felony.
- Possession of MDMA (ecstasy): Possessing less than 10 grams of ecstasy is a third-degree felony.
- Possession of cannabis: Possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana is a first-degree misdemeanor, which carries a jail term of up to one year. Possessing 20 grams of cannabis or more is a third-degree felony.
Ready to Discuss Your Legal Options Today
Being arrested for drug possession doesn’t mean that you are guilty of the crime. In addition, the court doesn’t label every drug possession offender a criminal, by presenting several legal options to address substance abuse issues and avoid conviction. Let our firm guide you through the complexities of the criminal justice system to get your life back on the right track.
Call (305) 985-6640.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“"In this world it is not always "what" you know, it is truly "who" you know."”- Robert D., on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“"Jeff is not only a colleague, he is one of my closest friends, someone I respect and admire for the way he has served and continues to serve his clients."”- David Elden, on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“"I felt I was a family member talking to my kin. Yisel and Jeff made things happen!"”- Dan Campbell, on Google
We Are Top-Rated Criminal Defense Attorneys
We Get the Best Possible Result in Each Case
We Have Served Criminal Defense Clients and Fellow Lawyers For Over 47 Years
We Wrote “the Book” on Federal Criminal Rules & Cases
We Are Available 24/7 for Emergencies & Offer Free Initial Consultations