Dealing With Battery Charges
Our Attorneys Can Help Fight Your Battery Charges
When an individual intentionally touches or strikes a person against their will; or intentionally causes bodily harm to another person, the person who committed the act may then be charged with battery under Florida State laws. However, the prosecution will need to prove several things in order to obtain a conviction. If you are facing battery charges, you should retain an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Depending on your specific charges, if you are convicted, you could face:
- Thousands of dollars in fines
- Time in jail or prison
If you are convicted of a crime, the odds of you obtaining a job, housing, and certain professional licenses are less probable. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A., our attorneys work relentlessly to obtain the best possible result for our clients. Our legal team can guide you through the legal process as we protect your rights and fight for your freedom! You can rely on us to provide you with the committed and effective representation you deserve.
Call the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A. today at (305) 985-6640 or contact us online to schedule a free initial case evaluation with our defense attorneys in Miami.
Battery Charges & Their Corresponding Penalties
There are various types of battery charges; simple battery, felony battery, and aggravated battery. To convict an individual of simple battery, the prosecution needs to prove that the individual intentionally struck or touched the victim against the victim’s will and without the victim’s consent. The individual may be charged with felony battery if the individual has been previously convicted of battery. The individual may be charged with aggravated battery if the prosecution can prove the individual used a deadly weapon or if he intended to cause serious bodily injury to the victim.
Battery charges and similar charges, as well as their penalties, are as follows:
- Aggravated battery. This is a second-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for up to 15 years.
- Felony battery. This is a third-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to 5 years.
- Simple battery. This is a first-degree misdemeanor. The defendant may face a fine of up to $1,000 and imprisonment for up to 1 year.
- Aggravated assault. This is a third-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to 5 years.
- Simple assault. This is a second-degree misdemeanor. The defendant may face a fine of up to $500 and imprisonment for up to 60 days.
- Domestic violence. Charges of domestic violence depend on the specific facts and circumstances of each case. For example, it could be charged as simple assault, which is a second-degree misdemeanor. It could also be charged as a third-degree felony.
Sentence Reduced Federal Crime
Client was indicted on a conspiracy to defraud.
Case Dismissed Professional License Defense
Client, a law student, was charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
Charges Reduced International Defense
A United States citizen was arrested and charged with assault and battery in Spain.
Case Dismissed Fraud Crime
Client was charged with title fraud and insurance fraud in different counties.
Sentence Reduced Federal Crime
Client was indicted with conspiracy to commit money laundering and making a materially false statement to a federal agent.
Jeffrey S. Weiner, PA is the embodiment of professionalism. Its attorneys’ not only have mastery of the law in which they ...- Andres Pino on Google
My family hired Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A. Attorneys at Law, to help us with a frightening issue where my daughter was involved. ...- Mario Machin on Google
Jeffery Weiner PA Jeffery Weiner, Yisel Villar and their entire staff were very helpful and professional in taking care of my ...- Jay R. on Google
Hard to Believe! In this hectic day and age it is difficult, if not impossible, to find reliable Professionals, much ...- Dean Levrey on Google
If you're reading this just know that you will get through it. I'm sure most of us don't plan on being in a situation where ...- Kevin Pillow on Google
Jeffrey Weiner & Diego Weiner did an excellent work and obtained a successful result in our case which was a long shot and we ...- Diana Murcia on Google
"The exceptional team at Jeffrey S. Weiner 's law firm are compassionate and extremely professional." "Best Recommendation ...- Luis Tejeda on Google
Jeff Weiner and all of his associates have an excellent knowledge and grasp of the law but, perhaps more importantly, they ...- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen on Google