Dealing With Battery Charges
Our Attorneys Can Help Fight Your Battery Charges
When an individual intentionally touches or strikes a person against their will; or intentionally causes bodily harm to another person, the person who committed the act may then be charged with battery under Florida State laws. However, the prosecution will need to prove several things in order to obtain a conviction. If you are facing battery charges, you should retain an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Depending on your specific charges, if you are convicted, you could face:
- Thousands of dollars in fines
- Time in jail or prison
If you are convicted of a crime, the odds of you obtaining a job, housing, and certain professional licenses are less probable. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A., our attorneys work relentlessly to obtain the best possible result for our clients. Our legal team can guide you through the legal process as we protect your rights and fight for your freedom! You can rely on us to provide you with the committed and effective representation you deserve.
Call the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A. today at (305) 985-6640 or contact us online to schedule a free initial case evaluation with our defense attorneys in Miami.
Battery Charges & Their Corresponding Penalties
There are various types of battery charges; simple battery, felony battery, and aggravated battery. To convict an individual of simple battery, the prosecution needs to prove that the individual intentionally struck or touched the victim against the victim’s will and without the victim’s consent. The individual may be charged with felony battery if the individual has been previously convicted of battery. The individual may be charged with aggravated battery if the prosecution can prove the individual used a deadly weapon or if he intended to cause serious bodily injury to the victim.
Battery charges and similar charges, as well as their penalties, are as follows:
- Aggravated battery. This is a second-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for up to 15 years.
- Felony battery. This is a third-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to 5 years.
- Simple battery. This is a first-degree misdemeanor. The defendant may face a fine of up to $1,000 and imprisonment for up to 1 year.
- Aggravated assault. This is a third-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to 5 years.
- Simple assault. This is a second-degree misdemeanor. The defendant may face a fine of up to $500 and imprisonment for up to 60 days.
- Domestic violence. Charges of domestic violence depend on the specific facts and circumstances of each case. For example, it could be charged as simple assault, which is a second-degree misdemeanor. It could also be charged as a third-degree felony.
Case VictoriesFully Prepared to Get the Best Possible Results in Each Case
International Defense Charges Reduced
A United States citizen was arrested and charged with assault and battery in Spain.
Federal Crime Sentence Reduced
Client was indicted with conspiracy to commit money laundering and making a materially false statement to a federal agent.
Fraud Crime Case Dismissed
Client was charged with fraudulent use of credit card and grand theft.
Weapon Charge Case Dismissed
Client was charged with improperly discharging a firearm.
DUI & Traffic Case Dismissed
A foreign national was cited for failure to comply with a steady red signal while visiting the United States.
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Jeffrey S. Weiner, PA is the embodiment of professionalism”- Andres Pino on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Yisel became a beacon of hope to my family at a time when our options were limited”- Mario Machin on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“They were able to have my charges dropped before I had to go to court”- Jay R. on Google
Why Hire Our Firm?See What Makes Us Different
We Are Top-Rated Criminal Defense Attorneys
We Get the Best Possible Result in Each Case
We Have Served Criminal Defense Clients and Fellow Lawyers For Over 50 Years
We Wrote “the Book” on Federal Criminal Rules & Cases
We Are Available 24/7 for Emergencies & Offer Free Initial Consultations