We Fight For You And Your Freedom
Dealing With Battery Charges
Our Attorneys Can Help Fight Your Battery Charges
When an individual intentionally touches or strikes a person against their will; or intentionally causes bodily harm to another person, the person who committed the act may then be charged with battery under Florida State laws. However, the prosecution will need to prove several things in order to obtain a conviction. If you are facing battery charges, you should retain an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Depending on your specific charges, if you are convicted, you could face:
- Thousands of dollars in fines
- Time in jail or prison
If you are convicted of a crime, the odds of you obtaining a job, housing, and certain professional licenses are less probable. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A., our attorneys work relentlessly to obtain the best possible result for our clients. Our legal team can guide you through the legal process as we protect your rights and fight for your freedom! You can rely on us to provide you with the committed and effective representation you deserve.
Call the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A. today at 786 460-2937 or contact us online to schedule a complimentary initial case evaluation with our defense attorneys in Miami.
Battery Charges And Their Corresponding Penalties
There are various types of battery charges; simple battery, felony battery, and aggravated battery. To convict an individual of simple battery, the prosecution needs to prove that the individual intentionally struck or touched the victim against the victim’s will and without the victim’s consent. The individual may be charged with felony battery if the individual has been previously convicted of battery. The individual may be charged with aggravated battery if the prosecution can prove the individual used a deadly weapon or if he intended to cause serious bodily injury to the victim.
Battery charges and similar charges, as well as their penalties, are as follows:
- Aggravated battery. This is a second-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for up to 15 years.
- Felony battery. This is a third-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to 5 years.
- Simple battery. This is a first-degree misdemeanor. The defendant may face a fine of up to $1,000 and imprisonment for up to 1 year.
- Aggravated assault. This is a third-degree felony. The defendant may face a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to 5 years.
- Simple assault. This is a second-degree misdemeanor. The defendant may face a fine of up to $500 and imprisonment for up to 60 days.
- Domestic violence. Charges of domestic violence depend on the specific facts and circumstances of each case. For example, it could be charged as simple assault, which is a second-degree misdemeanor. It could also be charged as a third-degree felony.
Why Hire Us?
Serving Criminal Defense Clients For Over 45 Years
We Are Available 24/7 and Offer Complimentary Consultations
Fully Prepared to Get The Best Possible Results in Each Case
We Wrote the Book on How to Handle Federal Cases
We are Top-Rated and Award Winning Attorneys
Speak With An Attorney
What Our Clients Are Saying
I highly recommend Jeff Weiner and co. I felt I was a family member talking to my kin.
Yisel and... read moreTile Masters & Remodeling INC Dan Campbell
Lanre Kelani: The law firm of Jeffrey wiener and the people who worked there can only be described as consummate... read moreLanre kelani
During one of my educational presentation for the Valencia Gun Club in South Florida (close to 100 members) I am... read moreA Google User
During one of my educational presentation for the Valencia Gun Club in South Florida (close to 100 members) I am... read moreDean Levrey
Jeff is not only a colleague, he is one of my closest friends, someone I respect and admire for the... read moreA Google User
Jeff is not only a colleague, he is one of my closest friends, someone I respect and admire for the... read moreDavid Elden
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation Now
Hire a team of dedicated attorneys who have successfully obtained favorable results for thousands of clients.
The Law Office Of Jeffrey S. Weiner Is Based In Miami, Florida And Represents Clients Throughout Florida In Both State And Federal Courts, Throughout The United States, As Well As International Criminal Courts.
How May We Help You?
Call Us Now
Send Us A Message
Visit Our Office
Two Datran Center,
9130 South Dadeland Blvd.
Miami, Florida 33156