Property Crime Attorney Who Will Protect Your Rights & Effectively Represent you!
A property crime is an act that results in taking or destroying another’s individual’s property without their consent. Florida takes these types of crimes seriously and the offenses may be charged as a misdemeanor or felony. Depending on the specific charges, circumstances, and facts of your situation, you could face severe penalties if convicted.
Common property crimes include the following:
- Insurance fraud
- Criminal trespass
- Theft crimes
- Criminal mischief or vandalism
- Scheme to defraud
If you have been charged with a property crime, turn to the legal professionals at Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A. today. With over four decades of criminal defense experience under our belts, we are deeply familiar with this complex practice area. A property crime attorney can help you make sound decisions about your future as we navigate you through every step of the criminal proceedings. You can count on us to provide you with the effective and committed legal defense you are entitled to under the Florida and United States Constitutions.
Penalties For A Property Crime In Florida
The specific charges you face depend on the value of the property that was allegedly stolen, or the amount of damage allegedly inflicted upon the property.
The charges and their corresponding penalties are as follows:
- First-degree felony. This could result in a fine of up to $10,000 and up to 30 years in prison.
- Second-degree felony. This could result in a fine of up to $10,000 and up to 15 years in prison.
- Third-degree felony. This could result in a fine of up to $5,000 and up to 5 years in prison.
- First-degree misdemeanor. This could result in a fine of up to $1,000 and up to 1 year in jail.
- Second-degree misdemeanor. This could result in a fine of up to $500 and up to 60 days in jail.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Jeffrey S. Weiner, PA is the embodiment of professionalism”- Andres Pino on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Yisel became a beacon of hope to my family at a time when our options were limited”- Mario Machin on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“They were able to have my charges dropped before I had to go to court”- Jay R. on Google
We Are Top-Rated Criminal Defense Attorneys
We Get the Best Possible Result in Each Case
We Have Served Criminal Defense Clients and Fellow Lawyers For Over 50 Years
We Wrote “the Book” on Federal Criminal Rules & Cases
We Are Available 24/7 for Emergencies & Offer Free Initial Consultations