A Miami Arrest Warrant Attorney Can Help
Courts can issue a warrant for a variety of reasons, including to search your home or office, seize property, or to place someone under arrest. If an arrest warrant is signed for your arrest, law enforcement officers can place you under arrest the next time they encounter you. In most cases, officers will come to your home or place of work to arrest you. Sometimes, for more minor offenses, they may not act until they identify you at a traffic stop or on the street.
Answering the door or being pulled over by a police officer only to suddenly find yourself in handcuffs can be a jarring and frightening experience. It is also common that a person is not even aware that there has been an arrest warrant issued against them. If you suspect that there is a warrant for you, it is never wise to ignore the situation. An arrest warrant will not simply disappear – you will be placed under arrest sooner rather than later. You should contact an experienced Miami arrest and search warrant attorney who can help you deal with the warrant and the related legal issues. Remember, you may not lawfully resist an arrest. The time to address the legal issues is in court – not with the arresting officers or agents.
Reasons For An Arrest Warrant
Warrants directing your immediate arrest can be issued for many different reasons.
For example, you may have a warrant issued for one or more of the following reasons:
- A law enforcement agency or the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office believes it has probable cause that you committed a criminal offense.
- You failed to appear at a scheduled court date (including traffic court), or failed to pay a fine or complete a program ordered by a court.
- You failed to pay child support.
- Another county is seeking you for an outstanding charge.
- Another state is seeking you for an outstanding charge.
- Another country is seeking you for an outstanding charge.
You have been accused of violating one or more terms of your probation or supervised release (Federal).
Regardless of the reason for your arrest warrant, it is important to be proactive about the situation and speak to a criminal attorney knowledgeable in arrest warrants as soon as possible.
Why Hire Us?
Serving Criminal Defense Clients For Over 45 Years
We Are Available 24/7 and Offer Complementary Consultations
Fully Prepared to Get The Best Possible Results in Each Case
We Wrote the Book on How to Handle Federal Cases
We are Top-Rated and Award Winning Attorneys
Speak With An Attorney
How Can A Warrant Attorney Help?
A criminal defense attorney with experience handling arrest and search warrants will assist you in many different ways.
Our Miami arrest warrant lawyers can help you with:
- Determining whether you have any existing arrest warrants and the legal and factual reasons for it or them being issued
- Finding out what your initial bond will be and how much you would have to post if arrested on a state bondable arrest. If you are arrested on a federal charge, you will appear before a United States Magistrate judge for a bond hearing.
- Seeing if it is possible to have the warrant revoked and receive a new court date
- Deciding whether you should surrender to law enforcement and under what terms and conditions, in order to ensure that you are released from custody as quickly as possible.
- Representing you and protecting your rights during all communications with law enforcement officers or agents, if any. Our absolute, strongest advice to our clients is to be polite, do not resist, and DO NOT talk to law enforcement officers or agents. You have the right to remain silent – use that right! We will advise our clients when and if they should communicate with law enforcement, with us guiding you and being with you throughout the process.
- Defending you throughout every phase of your criminal case.
Contact Our Miami–Based Arrest and Search Warrant Attorneys To Discuss Your Situation Today
At Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A., our team of Miami experienced, Miami-based criminal defense lawyers will help you face any existing warrants head-on and defend you well against charges and penalties you may be facing. Call us today so our team of skilled and dedicated lawyers can help you come to the best resolution possible.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Probably the best lawyer in Miami! Probably the best lawyer in Miami! During my research his name came up several times and I was very impressed... read moreAndres
Jeff is not only a colleague, he is one of my closest friends, someone I respect and admire for the... read moreDavid Elden
Annabelle is an exceptional lawyer. Annabelle is an exceptional lawyer. I was initially charged with a felony offense that would have required me to show... read moreNorman
Jeffrey, Diego, and his entire staff always made us feel at ease and that they would do anything in their power to protect us. I just wanted to update to let everyone know how much of a gentlemen Mr. Diego has been to my... read moreLuis R.
Mr. Weiner is one of the most honest attorneys I have ever met. Mr. Weiner is one of the most honest attorneys I have ever met. I am so glad that he agreed... read moreKathy
Will work tirelessly for your rights, your family, and for justice. It is an absolute pleasure, a privilege, and truly an honor to be writing this review regarding Mr. Jeffrey S.... read moreUlly D.
Mr. Diego Weiner is an excellent Attorney. I had a complex case where he presented me options I did not... read moreEric Holliday
They took the time to explain the entire legal process, answered all of my calls and best of all...got me the best result! Jeffrey and his entire staff are a class act! They took the time to explain the entire legal process, answered... read moreBenjamin S.
Mr. Weiner will always respond to you when you need him. Mr. Weiner has handled multiple cases for me and the results have always exceeded my expectations. He has an innate... read moreChris M.
Schedule a Complementary Consultation Now
Hire a team of dedicated attorneys who have successfully obtained favorable results for thousands of clients.
The Law Office Of Jeffrey S. Weiner Is Based In Miami, Florida And Represents Clients Throughout Florida In Both State And Federal Courts, Throughout The United States, As Well As International Criminal Courts.
How May We Help You?
Call Us Now
Send Us A Message
Visit Our Office
Two Datran Center,
9130 South Dadeland Blvd.
Miami, Florida 33156