False Advertising Lawyers In Miami
Have You Been Accused of False Advertising?
Both state and federal laws prohibit companies from using deceptive advertising practices. Those who are convicted of employing unlawful practices can be required to pay up to $10,000 in penalties for each violation, in addition to actual damages, and attorney’s fees. If you have been accused of using unfair or deceptive advertising practices, it is crucial that you speak with an experienced white-collar crime attorney in Miami who can help you formulate a strong defense.
What Qualifies As Intentional False Advertising?
Under Florida law, intentionally using false advertising during the sale of real or personal property, or of any services, is strictly prohibited. This includes placing an advertisement before the general public that describes the property or services while having no intent to sell the property at the price represented. Businesses are also prohibited from making deceptive claims about a product’s quality or purpose, or from giving consumers an incorrect understanding of the products that they are purchasing.
There are a number of different types of false advertising tactics, including:
- Bait and switch advertising, which occurs when businesses lure consumers to their stores by promising to sell an item or service at a particular cost, but once the consumer arrives, they try to sell a more costly product
- High-pressure sales tactics involve pressuring a consumer into purchasing a product or service that they don’t actually want or intend to buy
- Artificially inflating prices, which occurs when a business wants to create the illusion that it is offering a great deal on a product or service.
Generally, refusing to sell a product at the price at which it was advertised creates a rebuttable presumption that the seller had the intent to use false advertising practices.
This law does not apply to specific individuals and entities, including:
- Newspaper, magazine, or other publication publishers
- Owners or operators of radio stations, television stations, or advertising media
If these entities place an advertisement before the public in good faith, without having any knowledge that the person engaging them to do so does not intend to actually sell the property to a member of the general public, then they can escape liability under the law prohibiting false advertising.
Companies that have been accused of using deceptive advertising practices can be forced to:
- Stop running certain advertisements
- Stop engaging in deceptive practices
- Begin including disclosure statements in their advertising
- Pay monetary damages to consumers
- Pay up to $10,000 in fines for each violation
- Pay the cost of reasonable attorney’s fees for the other parties
These penalties can have devastating consequences for companies that were wrongfully accused of false advertising.
Call An Experienced White Collar Crime Lawyer Today
To discuss your case with a dedicated white collar crime attorney in Florida, please call Jeffrey S. Weiner, PA Criminal Defense Attorneys at (305) 985-6640 to schedule an evaluation of your case. We are prepared to aggressively advocate on your behalf.
Case VictoriesFully Prepared to Get the Best Possible Results in Each Case
Violent Crime Case Dismissed
Client was arrested and charged with battery.
Professional License Defense Case Dismissed
Client, a law student, was charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
Weapon Charge Case Dismissed
Client was charged with improperly discharging a firearm.
International Defense Charges Reduced
A United States citizen was arrested and charged with assault and battery in Spain.
Federal Crime Sentence Reduced
A foreign national was indicted with conspiracy to smuggle goods into the United States.
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Jeffrey S. Weiner, PA is the embodiment of professionalism”- Andres Pino on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Yisel became a beacon of hope to my family at a time when our options were limited”- Mario Machin on Google
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“They were able to have my charges dropped before I had to go to court”- Jay R. on Google
Why Hire Our Firm?See What Makes Us Different
We Are Top-Rated Criminal Defense Attorneys
We Get the Best Possible Result in Each Case
We Have Served Criminal Defense Clients and Fellow Lawyers For Over 50 Years
We Wrote “the Book” on Federal Criminal Rules & Cases
We Are Available 24/7 for Emergencies & Offer Free Initial Consultations