Skip to Content
Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A. Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A.
Available 24/7 305-985-6640

Do I Need a Federal Attorney to Fight My Charges?

If you've been accused of a crime in the United States district court anywhere in the country, you've got to have a lawyer who, number one, has federal criminal defense experience, number two, a lawyer who's admitted to the federal bar. There are a lot of lawyers that do state cases only, DUIs, petty theft, auto theft cases like that. That's great, and it's important. But when you're in federal court, it's a whole different deal. It's the big leagues with extraordinarily harsh sentencing guidelines, very formal procedures, very strict procedures, it's essential that you have a lawyer with federal criminal defense experience.