Miami Criminal Appeals, Post-Conviction & Prison Issues Attorney
In addition to a vigorous criminal defense trial practice for clients throughout South Florida, the United States and the world, attorney Jeffrey S. Weiner has also developed a substantial record of success in state and Federal appeals and post-conviction matters. Successful appeals must be approached very differently from how a defense is prepared and argued in the trial courts. An appeal will be based on the record in the trial court, requiring an attorney to recognize errors committed by the prosecution, defense counsel and trial judge during all of the proceedings, including pre-trial motions.
Firm founder Jeffrey S. Weiner has over thirty-eight years of practical experience preparing and arguing successful appeals at all levels of the state and Federal courts, before the United States Supreme Court, the Florida Supreme Court and State and Federal Courts of Appeal throughout the United States. Our firm is recognized nationally for our creative solutions in revisiting guilty verdicts and for our dogged investigation and pursuit of justice, often resulting in overturned verdicts and dismissed charges for our clients. Contact our experienced Miami criminal appeals attorney today.
Post-Judgement and Prison Issues
In addition to our trial and appellate practice, we also assist clients with post-conviction litigation and the negotiation of prison issues, including:
- Medical Issues including refusal or failure to provide medication and adequate medical care (a very common and serious problem)
- Religious Freedom Issues including relating to prison diets
- Probation Violations
- Supervised Release Violations
- Parole Issues
- Halfway Houses
- Work Releases
- Prisoner Transfers to other Jails, Prisons, Camps and Jurisdictions
- Post-Conviction Litigation: Different from an appeal, this includes requests for a new trial resulting from ineffective assistance of trial counsel, denial of constitutional rights and Writs of Habeas Corpus.
Contact our Miami Criminal Appeals & Post Conviction Attorneys for a Consultation
Individuals and businesses facing the threat of investigation or imminent criminal charges are urged to contact the Miami law office of Jeffrey S. Weiner, P.A. today for a complimentary consultation and immediate intervention from our respected South Florida criminal defense law firm.